According to a recent survey conducted for the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, 74% of adults surveyed felt that an unattractive smile could hurt a person's career success. Almost all (99.7%) felt that a good smile was an important social asset.
- Only 50 % are satisfied by their smile
- Maintaining an appealing smile is a major part of their desire to stay fit, healthy and attractive
- People are keeping more teeth as they grow older
We encourage our patients to think seriously about the benefits to health, spirit and mind that comes from the confidence of having a radiant smile, a balanced bite, and healthy strong teeth.
Behind this term, people might have names attached to it : veneers, bleaching, implants, etc, …those are just ways, techniques or products we use to reproduce or improve what Mother Nature gave to our patients. What we are talking about here is perception of Beauty. It is obviously a personal perception and one of the key factor is a real mutual understanding between the patient and the clinician. We are here to hear patient's desire and assess the predictability, the long-term success and define the expectations with them. Everybody is different, so that's why each treatment is totally personal. During the assessment, the same protocol will be used:
- Photos are taken to assess the teeth color, their shape, the lip contour, the shape of the face.
- Models are made so we can work the case with our technician. The plaster model will be mounted on an articulator and a wax simulation will be performed. We will show it to the patient, or even reproduced in the mouth temporarily. This is called a mock-up. Once the patient approves, we can start.
- The teeth are prepared atraumatically, impression are taken and temporaries are placed, following the wax up. The patient can then see his new smile.
- The ceramist creates his work, which will be tried in the mouth a few days later. It is often quite important that the patient and the ceramist meet to reach the higher height in aesthetics. The work is then placed definitively.
In some cases, it is a team that I will gather around our patients : aesthetic surgeon, orthodontist, maxillo-facial surgeons and myself. It is only after analyzing the opinions and possibilities of each of us that we will choose the right treatment plan. It is fundamental to spend time to create a solid treatment plan, basement of a successful outcome. Short cuts are synonyms of jeopardize.